Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many local voluntary and community sector organisations, including sports clubs, to join the Charnwood Community Lottery as a good cause.
Below are the criteria that will be used in deciding whether or not an organisation qualifies to join, to ensure we meet the requirements of the Gambling Commission.
No Application Fee
There is no application fee to join.
Criteria for joining:
The Council has been granted a licence to run the lottery by the Gambling Commission and part of its licence obligations are to ensure that all good causes meet certain criteria.
Your organisation must:
- Be a non-profit* organisation that provides community activities or services within Charnwood Borough, which are of benefit to the residents of Charnwood Borough
- Contribute to helping to meet the priorities as set out in the Charnwood Corporate Plan - www.charnwood.gov.uk/pages/corporate_plan
- Have a constitution or formal set of rules appropriate to the legal status of the organisation
- Adhere to equalities principles with a policy or statement in place
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Have adequate insurance cover for the project
- Have no undue restrictions on membership
- Have a safeguarding policy in place if working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
- Have an email address but not necessarily a website
*Non-profit organisations are defined as:
- Constituted groups (associations, clubs, societies)
- Registered Charities
- A Social Enterprise (see www.valonline.org.uk/introduction-trading/legal-structures-social-enterprise)
Non-profit organisations must have at least 3 unrelated people on a Board or Committee that meets regularly throughout the year.
Applications to join the lottery will not be accepted from:
- Any statutory bodies, including Parish Councils, schools and academies**
- Organisations that do not provide services within the boundaries of Charnwood Borough
- Organisations which aim to make a profit for the benefit of private individuals rather than the community
- Organisations that cannot provide sufficient evidence of their legal status and governing documents
- Groups promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity, or campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities and services within Charnwood Borough
**Parent/Friend Associations of schools and academies may apply where properly constituted independently from the school and where the proposed activities are for the wider community and all other criteria are met.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Successful applications to the Lottery scheme will need to:
- Provide evidence of all eligibility criteria
- Agree to spend the proceeds from the Charnwood Community Lottery on community activities or services that directly benefit the residents of Charnwood Borough
- Agree to a site visit / meeting before agreement if required, possible six monthly spot checks thereafter or any further contact as deemed necessary by Charnwood Borough Council for audit purposes
- Aim to sign up to 20 supporters within the first month
- Agree to the name of the organisation being used in publicity for the Charnwood Community Lottery
- Agree that the Charnwood Borough Council logo must be included on all publicity material relating to your projects or activities that are funded through the Charnwood Community Lottery
- Inform Charnwood Borough Council immediately if the organisation / group intends to disband, changes its aims, legal status or any other policy that may affect its eligibility for the scheme
Successful applications to the Lottery scheme will need to :
Successful applications to the Lottery scheme will need to :
Please note the following:
- The council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason without offering an appeals process
- The council will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to licence any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate
In order to register as a good cause for the Charnwood Community Lottery, organisations / groups must provide key information and documents to support their application. This includes personal data, such as contact details, of key persons associated with the running of the organisation / group.
We collect this information in order to:
- Check the eligibility of the organisation / group to register as a good cause in line with our Terms and Conditions
- Enable the Council to make contact with key persons associated with the running of the organisation / group in line with monitoring expectations. For example, initial and annual checks relating to eligibility
- Enable the Council to make contact with key persons associated with the running of the organisation / group on any matters relating to the Charnwood Community Lottery such as its progress, changes to how it is run that may affect participating good causes and special events
All information provided at the point of application will be stored on a password protected database managed by the Neighbourhood Services Team at Charnwood Borough Council. All data provided, including copies of documentation, will be held by Charnwood Borough Council for a period of 6 years after which the organisation stops being registered as a good cause for the Charnwood Community Lottery. Application information relating to any organisations / group who are not accepted for any reason will be held for a period of 6 months.
If you would like to find out more about how and why we may process your personal data and your data protection rights please view our full Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries or concerns, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer by email to [email protected] or by phoning 01509 634711. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (The ICO) if you think there is a problem by email to [email protected] or on 0303 123 1113.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Charnwood Community Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Charnwood Community Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.